Graduate Research Funding- PUSHP
Graduate Research Funding for Ph.D. Candidates
Funding for U.S. Health Care and Health Policy Projects
Graduate Research Funding is available through CHW's Program on U.S. Health Policy for Princeton University Ph.D. candidates. The Program on U.S. Health Policy supports innovative, multidisciplinary research and dialogue in domestic health policy.
Applications are welcome from a variety of health-related disciplines and across a broad range of multi-disciplinary perspectives. These include anthropology, biology, bioethics, economics, engineering, history, philosophy, politics, psychology, public policy, sociology, humanities and other disciplines.
- To be eligible for funding the applicant's proposed work must be related to U.S. health care and/or health policy.
- Graduate students may receive a maximum of two research grants from this program during their doctoral studies.
Grants vary in size. The maximum grant is $5000 per annum.
These funds can be used to defray pre-dissertation or dissertation costs associated with some aspect of research or training relevant to the student's proposal. A preference is given for funding to cover or offset direct research expenses. Funding for salaries or stipends is not available. Travel to the student’s home city/country is not covered.
Successful applicants will be required to present their findings at a research symposium or seminar sponsored by CHW.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the application materials in SAFE under the opportunity titled GRADUATE U.S. HEALTH CARE AND HEALTH POLICY RESEARCH FUNDING..
Application deadline: May 18, 2018.
The following materials must be included in your Research Funding application:
- Application Form. Download the form, and open and complete it as a Word document.
- An itemized list of your expenses.
- Project Statement (Research Proposal). Attach a project statement of three to five, typed pages, beginning with a one-paragraph summary of your research question that describes the implications of the work for U.S. health care and health policy. The project statement should describe your proposed research, the research methods employed, and the work accomplished to date. It should include a precise description of how the funds will be used, a list of documents, archives or libraries to be used, and a brief bibliography.
- Faculty Letter of Recommendation. To save paper and time, your adviser may send the recommendation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask her/him to use the subject header U.S. HEALTH POLICY GRADUATE RESEARCH FUNDING APPLICATION.